[Xen-users] Xen 3: Untethered bridges??

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3: Untethered bridges??
From: Alan Murrell <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 10:52:46 -0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:59:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi There.

I am in the process of "upgrading" my Xen 2.0.7 server with a Xen 3.0.2,
though I am doing so on a different machine.  My firewall will be running as
a DomU, asit also does on the existing server.

The new server is Ubuntu 6.06 and the existing server is Debian Sarge.

On the existing server, I have the WAN interface hidden from Dom0 with the two
other physical interfaces plus a dummy interface tied to "untethered" bridges
(as I also have physical switches plugged into the "LAN" and "DMZ"
interfaces).

Here is what the '/etc/network/nterfaces' file looks like:

auto br-lan0 br-dmz0 br-adm0
iface br-lan0 inet manual
     bridge_ports eth0

iface br-dmz0 inet manual
     bridge_ports eth1

iface br-adm0  inet static
     address 10.253.3.2
     netmask 255.255.255.0
     gateway 10.253.3.1
     bridge_ports dummy0

the 'br-adm0' bridge is for remote administration of Dom0.  The firewall DomU
is of course tied to all three bridges.

My current issue is that when I try to set the above up on the new Xen 3
machine, from the Dom0, I am unable to ping the DomU firewall's interface
that is tied to the 'br-adm0' bridge, which has the IP address '10.253.3.1'.
I get "Destination Host unreachable"

Has anyone done this sucessfully under Xen 3 (untethered interfaces)?  If so,
is there a pointer to to a HOWTO or Wiki, or other thoughts that goes through
this?

I look forward to your thoughts.  Thanks in advance! :-)

-Alan M.