[Xen-users] DomU uses eth3, eth4??

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU uses eth3, eth4??
From: Alan Murrell <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 21:03:58 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:10:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi There,

I have a bit of an odd issue.  I am testing Xen 3.0.2 on a machine before
fully migrating to it from 2.0.7.

The host OS is Ubuntu 6.06, and I am running the pre-compiled Xen code
(kernel, tools) from the Xen site.

I have two NICs, both if which I amhidung from Dom0 via the 'pciback.hide'
grub entry.  I am have the bridges setup in the '/etc/networking/interfaces'
file,and have commented out the call to the 'network-bridge' in the Xen
files.  The networking appears to be fine.

My first DomU is the firewall (also Ubuntu 6.06).  It sees the two NICs no
problem, but does not see them as 'eth0' and 'eth1'; they are 'eth3' and
'eth4'.  Networking works (the DomU can access the Internet, etc.)

I am not sure why the DomU would be seeing these as 'eth3' and 'eth4'.  The
"dmesg" output does not reveal any other interfaces being "allocated"

Thoughts?

Thanks, in advance.

-Alan