[Xen-users] ip source access policy per domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] ip source access policy per domU
From: Thomas <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:09:15 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:07:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is there a recommended per guest configuration directive to specify the only IP allowed to traverse traffic (ingress/egress) via the virtual bridge to the domU?

Current suggestions include MAC based ip access control at the layer 3 level, however I'd like to know if there is a more granular method of controlling IP based usage per guest, because it now appears that all IG/EG traffic over the switch port only sees the MAC address for dom0.

E.g. netmask 10.0.0.0/24 limit guest domain to 10.0.0.10 and not allow traffic from any other source addresses on this netmask.

Thanks