Re: [Xen-users] Error starting gentoo domU created with domi - lvm2 issu

Hi

> I setup an lvm2 partition and used domi to install gentoo in a domU.
> Unfortunately I cannot get this to start. I have tried multiple cconfigs,
> but the kernel just cant find the root partition.

Are you sure scsi support is compiled into the kernel?
If you have it only as a module, you need to build a initrd soi the
scsi drivers are available at boot time.

SCSI Support is NOT reqiured for DomU Kernel. As i have experienced (Gentoo, Xen3.0.2) you need only IDE Support in DomU Kernel.
From my Kernel config:

CONFIG_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI=y

linux-2.6.16.18-xenU # grep SCSI .config
# SCSI device support
# CONFIG_SCSI is not set
# NOTE: USB_STORAGE enables SCSI, and 'SCSI disk support'

regards Martin