[Xen-users] What kind of processor

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] What kind of processor
From: Ludovic Gele <ludovic.gele@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:38:19 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 02:39:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm trying to use Xen 3.0.2 under Debian GNU/Linux Sid. I install xen with the
debian package, under the 2.6.17-2-xen-686 debian's kernel.

when I ty to create to create a virtual machine with:

sudo xm create xmwinxp.hvm

the system tell me:

Error: Not an HVM capable plateform, we stop creating!

So, I'd look in google what it wanted to say. I've flash my BIOS, but I've any
option to activate the Intel VT. So, I'd look to the list of supported
processor,

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HVM_Compatible_Processors

 but I don't saw mine. I've an Intel Pentium D 945, but the Intel support tells
that the 900 series support the VT technology

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/pentium_d/prodbrief.pdf

Is there a way for my case to make Xen working?

Thanks in advance for all help

My computer is a Maxdata with a Pentium D 945 and a motherboard MSI MS 7248

--
 Cordialement