[Xen-users] error 13 after building/installing from source

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] error 13 after building/installing from source
From: Dan Upton <upton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:52:51 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:53:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I tried using the binary distribution of the 64bit version of Xen 3.0 to install onto a CentOS 4.4 system, but the mismatch between the expected 2.6.16 kernel and the actual 2.6.9-EL kernel I had didn't appear to get along well. I downloaded the source to build and install like that, but now after following the instructions in the README and doing a make install, then editing my grub.conf and trying to boot the 2.6.16/Xen kernel, I get:

root (hd0,0)
filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.-xen ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format

I've spent about a week on and off poking at this, to no avail. Any suggestions?

-Dan