[Xen-users] FC5 downgrade; /lib/tls problem

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] FC5 downgrade; /lib/tls problem
From: Arik Raffael Funke <arik.funke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:28:14 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:30:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I installed FC5 domU based on kernel 2.6.17 but had the impression that it was running far from stable. I thus recomplied a domU kernel from the xen3.0.2 sources based on 2.6.16.

It is running a lot more stable, but I always get the famous /lib/tls warning:
  ** WARNING: Currently emulating unsupported memory accesses  **
  **          in /lib/tls glibc libraries. The emulation is    **
  **          slow. To ensure full performance you should      **
  **          install a 'xen-friendly' (nosegneg) version of   **
  **          the library, or disable tls support by executing **
  **          the following as root:                           **
  **          mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled                    **
  ** Offending process: init (pid=1)                           **

As I don't have a /lib/tls, I believe that it is in my initrd. I made the initrd with the mkinitrd command. Does anybody know how to prevent the tls modules from getting included?

Cheers,
Arik