[Xen-users] booting initramfs image with raid and lvm support

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] booting initramfs image with raid and lvm support
From: Badiane Ka <badiane_ka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:13:14 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:14:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ehlo guys!

I have a system, running Debian testing, that I'm
getting ready and it's running 2.6.16-1-xen from
backports.  I have a 61GB disk that has a 128MB boot
partition and the remainder is a raid disk that has
the root partition and swap as lv's.

The initramfs image for the non xen kernel
(2.6.17-2-vserver) boots properly and finds that raid
and lvm stuff and the system boots.  When I try the
same (process not image :-) ) with Xen it can't find
the root file system.

I get a mdadm: no devices listed in partitions and the
volume group couldn't be found.

I had to set acpi=off for the kernel otherwise it
panicked.

If any additional information is needed let me know.

Badiane