Re: [Xen-users] prebuilt tar ball installation problems

To: Jitendra Nair <jnair@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] prebuilt tar ball installation problems
From: Luke Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: xen users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:30:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hah. I've run into #1. do a google for "tar symlink" there are many versions of tar running around; some follow symlinks by default, others clobber symlinks by default. If I recall correctly, RHEL3 does one thing, RHEL4 does another. It's a pain in the ass. really, you have to figure out what verson of tar you are using and then use the 'follow symlinks' option to get it to work as expected.