[Xen-users] How to Networking Bridge?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How to Networking Bridge?
From: Helder Rossa <rossa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:44:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:27:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've a working xen 3.0.2 booting a gentoo linux on Dom0.

I have setup a Windows XP in a DomU OK with no problems except the
network!!

My problem is that I wanted to give a working network interface on the
DomU and the best I could. making the windows detect an network adapter,
was putting:

    vif = ['type=ioemu']

I also tryied:

    vif = ['type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0']

Could never ping a external from DomU!!

What I know:

    - the ethX device is a logical device and the physical device is
renamed to pethX;
    - the vifX.Y devices are linked with ethY from DomX (ie.: vif1.0 <->
Dom1 eth0);
    - there is also a vethX ...

What configuration I have to do on Dom0?
What configuration I have to do on DomU?

When rebooting I have always need to do 'ifconfig ethX up' !!!

thanx