Re: [Xen-users] CPU intensive VM starves IO intensive VMs

To: "Tim Wood" <twwood@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] CPU intensive VM starves IO intensive VMs
From: "Diwaker Gupta" <diwaker.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:58:02 -0700
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:58:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In all of these examples I am using the sedf scheduler with equal CPU
weights for dom0 and all VMs.  Desite this, in the 2 VM scenario, the
scheduler ends up giving 99% of the cpu to the VM running the hog app,
practically starving the IO intensive VM.

Are you running in work conserving mode or non-work conserving mode?
(the extra flag is set to 0 for the latter). I have done similar
experiments with good results in non work conserving mode.
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog