[Xen-users] Guidelines for tuning disk/block device parameters/performan

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Guidelines for tuning disk/block device parameters/performance in xen?
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:12:03 +0300
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:12:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

What are the recommended disk/block device settings for domU?

I mean settings like:

/sys/block/<device>/queue/nr_requests
/sys/block/<device>/queue/read_ahead_kb

Should the values be same in domU as in dom0 ? How does xen block device
driver in domU infect recommended values?

Are there other settings that affect block device/disk performance? I know
that at least the xen scheduler has some effect to the performance.. and of
course domU kernel io scheduler/elevator.

I'm going to do some testing/benchmarking later, but was now thinking of getting
all the correct tunables sorted out..

Thanks!

-- Pasi

                                   ^