RE: [Xen-users] Differences in performance between file and LVMbased ima

To: "Roger Lucas" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Alex Iribarren" <Alex.Iribarren@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Differences in performance between file and LVMbased images
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:09:20 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:10:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I didn't actually look at the numbers, I just picked a "much larger
number" - lucky guess, I suppose... ;-)

> I would be very interested to see the results from such a test.
>
> As one final question, what is the scheduling configuration
> for Dom0 and
> DomU with these tests?  Have you tried different configurations
> (period/slice) for the DomU tests to see if it makes any difference?

Ah, scheduler for all intents and purposes SHOULD be credit scheduler,
as that will give the best possible balance between the domains, rather
than any of the older schedulers that can't for example move a domain
from one CPU to another.

--
Mats