Re: [Xen-users] SCSI Passthrough setup within VM

To: "Edward L. Haletky" <elh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SCSI Passthrough setup within VM
From: "Jason Goodwin" <jason.m.goodwin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:51:57 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:52:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been setting up the same thing today. For some reason, I'm having issues getting it to work by specifying the pci = in the domU config. When I create a domain using 'xm create -c mydomU pci=12,04,01' it works. Though, that is the second port on my SCSI card and for sanity I'm pretty sure I need to be assigning both to my domU. I can't seem to get it to take both 12,04,00 and 12,04,01 at the same time.

Also, I've setup a mythTV backend as domU before. It worked fine for a while, passing the PCI tuner card through. When I added a second (different) card, I could not get that card to pass through, so I had to go back to stock Linux kernel on that machine. Too bad, it was great to have a test Xen machine at home.

Anyone else doing this lately? I was starting to wonder if my issues are SLES10 related, as I've only done Xen on Debian until now.

--
Jason