[Xen-users] XEN-unstable hang on udev startup

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN-unstable hang on udev startup
From: "David Shirley" <tephra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:58:44 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:59:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I am running xen-unstable + linux-2.6-tip + debian etch as my dom0.

I am at the stage now that the 2.6.18-rc4 kernel boots but when it
loads udev the machine hangs - no sysreqs, ctrl+alt+del or anything -
I need to hit hard reset to get the machine working again.

I have tracked the problem down to udevtrigger - within 0.5 seconds of

A man of udevtrigger reveals that it parses coldplug events from the
kernel boot.

Any ideas on what I can do to try and fix this?

Cheers
Dave