[Xen-users] xend, network-script and vif-script

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xend, network-script and vif-script
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 22:45:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:46:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
For a custom network setup, I want to modify the default
network-script and vif-scripts. So I made a copy of them and changed
the config in xend-config.sxp to use the copies which I want to
change.

Then I started adding my own features in the start and stop sections
and see what they do.
As they don't do immediately what I want (oh, wonder?!  ),  I realize
they are hard to debug:
The problem I have here is that I don't see where the output of these
scripts is written to for debugging and tracing purposes - no logfile
seems to contain stuff I echo from there, and no console.
Is there any configuration option to enable seeing more output from
these scripts? I cannot find any documentation for that, loglevel is
set to DEBUG in xend-config..sxp

Then I wondered if it's right that the network-script is actuall never
called with stop as argument, while I would assume it will be called
when running xend stop.

I already started to read through the python code, because I didn't
find any other information, but this will take some time until i
understand all the xend python code - maybe somebody has a hint?

Henning