[Xen-users] Delay opening sockets

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Delay opening sockets
From: Adam Smith <adam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:26:17 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:27:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi. We seem to be experiencing a very odd issue with Xen 3.0 (RPM version under CentOS). When establishing a socket (via any application - for example telnet to a mailserver on port 25) there is an almost precise 10 second delay before there is any throughput. This only happens intermittently and appears to occur on all VDSs on the same system. This does not occur on identical physical systems on the same network.

dmesg on the host node shows lots of 'xen_net: Memory squeeze in netback driver.' but I'm not convinced this is the cause as they do not correspond with the delays. It's almost as if it's waiting for something to time out...

Many thanks in advance for your assistance/thoughts/ideas/input.

Regards,

Adam Smith.