RE: [Xen-users] Installing Fedora 5 as the guest domain...

To: "Arsen Hayrapetyan" <ahairape@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Installing Fedora 5 as the guest domain...
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:23:22 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 06:24:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The easiest way (that I know of) is to use the CDROM/DVD image(s) to
install the OS directly into the device, using a CD-boot as the way to
tell the HVM domain what to do... Of course, this doesn't work if you
don't have VT/SVM  - in that case you're probably best off creating a
separate partition and if you must have a file-base installation, create
a file by using dd from the partition to the file...

Here's a HVM congiguration to boot CDROM I posted earlier:
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 1024
name = "CDROM-boot"
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'file:/root/disk.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]
device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
cdrom='/root/isoguest.iso'
boot='d'
sdl=0
vnc=1