Re: [Xen-users] System seams slower with Xenified kernel and xend dies w

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] System seams slower with Xenified kernel and xend dies with SIG 15
From: mjinks@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:17:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:17:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 08:27:06PM +0200, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I compiled the kernel with the xen patch and I seam to have trouble
> with some kernel modules, like ATI's proprietary driver. The system
> seams considerably slower than
> before, this might be because of the video drivers, or maybe the RAM
> alocated to dom0 (512Mb instead of it's usual 1Gb). When I try to run
> xend, it dies with a SIG 15.
> I attached the log file. Anyone have these problems? I am using Gentoo
> 2006.0 withthe Xenified kernel version 2.6.16.26 and Xen version 3.0.2.

Can't help you out with the proprietary drivers issue, but have you
looked at the Gentoo Xen HOWTO?  In particular, this bit:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xen_and_Gentoo#Before_we_begin

I know from recent experience that it can be a real pain to upgrade your
gcc and then recompile the whole system, but it might be the reason for
your slow performance issues.

HTH...

-m