AW: [Xen-users] xen, 64bit, gentoo, hardened kernel - no chance?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: [Xen-users] xen, 64bit, gentoo, hardened kernel - no chance?
From: Jürgen Ladstätter <jl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:52:15 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 06:53:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Gentoo Hardened Kernel in my domU.
Amd64 x2 is the cpu which is used by the system.

The error occurs at this point:

GEN1 linux # make && make modules_install
CHK include/linux/version.h
CC arch/x86_64/kernel/asm-offsets.s
arch/x86_64/kernel/asm-offsets.c:1: error: code model `kernel' not supported
in the 32 bit mode
arch/x86_64/kernel/asm-offsets.c:1: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not
compiled in
make[1]: *** [arch/x86_64/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
make: *** [prepare0] Error 2
GEN1 linux #

I hope you see now what i mean.
Simple compiling any kernel with gentoo as domU doesn?t work!