[Xen-users] Cheap HVM support

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Cheap HVM support
From: Tomas Kouba <tomas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:49:46 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 06:49:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi *,
I was looking at our local hardware e-shop for CPUs supporting HVM. I would
like to experiment with Xen and join the development. AFAIK the cheapest CPU supporting HVM is Athlon64 3800+ for AM2. No particular support from motherboard (and chipset) needed.
1) Can somebody confirm this?
2) According to my observations the solution from Intel is a bit more needy (the better chipset, only dual core CPUs support VT). Am I right?
3) What motherboard with AM2 is good according to your observation?

Thank you

--
Tomas Kouba