[Xen-users] bridge networking and dhcp

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] bridge networking and dhcp
From: Andrew Gray <agray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:38:09 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 23:37:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All,
I have setup xen Dom0 on FC5 and want to get some child os's running using dhcp with 192.168.x.x addresses.

There is a problem with the dhcp requests across the bridged network connection. If I connect a seperate (real physical) server vi a crossover to the 192.168.0.1 interface and then run dhcpd on it, the the dhcp requests are answered correctly. If the dhcp server is running on dom0 then they are not.

Anyone solved/seen this before ?

Server has two nics. I have tried eth0 as both the 192.x and real IP address with same results. (ie 192.x as bridged and non-bridged nic) Due to lack of IP addresses, the guest OS's do need to be 192.168.0.x addresses.

Andrew.