Re: [Xen-users] "xm save" hanging when saving domain in "pause" state

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] "xm save" hanging when saving domain in "pause" state
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:55:36 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:56:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> looking at options to do offline migration, that is, take snapshots of
> the VMs state and their corresponding filesystems in order to be able
> to fire them up in a different host if for some reason the original
> host they are assigned to
well, this could be done quite easy, save the domain, make a copy of the chk-file and of the actual disc-image. Now move both to the new system and make the restore - it's only important that the chk-file and the image-file correspondent together, otherwise the system will crash at restore or even more worse the data will be corrupt!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf