[Xen-users] Re: What does xm top mean by the following:

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: What does xm top mean by the following:
From: pv <vishnubhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:03:35 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:04:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thx Mats - I'm not quite sure what the %-ages mean i.e. what is 100% - is it the sum of all the cpu(hw or hyperthreaded or vcpus) on all the domains?

Take for .e.g a data center utilizing 35% of CPU for a particular server;
And, enter Xen: and you have installed 2 instead of one server running on the same h/w w/ the hope of increasing utilization.
So, instead of 35%, one is expected to see 35%+x afa utilization (is this true?)

It does not matter what base-line or metrics one is presented with (I'm happy w/ the top presentation); as long as it is clear and easy to explain to a 'CIO, CFO or VP-finance or an unsuspecting fellow-worker' - if you know what I mean, I'll look forward to some documentation or an explanation to this regard. Thx in advance.