RE: [Xen-users] Xen with Grsecurity

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen with Grsecurity
From: "John Anderson" <johnha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:26:18 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:26:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Applying Brad's patch directly to the kernel doesn't work, since Xen
then overwrites several of the patched files with it's own versions.

I'm working on porting Brad's patch to Xen.  Currently only X86-64
paravirutualized guests work.  i386 still needs a little work before it
will boot.

I have a thread on the grsecurity forums that links to the patches as
well as instructions on applying them.  The grsec forums seem to be down
right now.

Let me know if you try to use this and if you have any luck.  Also, if
you do use x86_64 and try this out, please get the paxtest suite from
the PAX team homepage and mail me the output of "paxtest blackhat".

It's all development, so don't use it in production anywhere!

Good luck