Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible that save vm without destroy?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Is it possible that save vm without destroy?
From: "Tijl Van den Broeck" <subspawn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:25:02 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:25:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is true offcourse but that mostly depends upon the applications
within the domU and wheter or not you use swap space.

I've also "misused" the save-restore function alot by now insted of
rebooting the domU's in some occasions apart from snapshots.

But I think there definitly is use for such a function (especially
when considering backup possibilities and HA systems, which could use
a restore snapshot and not having to wait until the domU has booted
again)... but as with many of these risky things: put it away deeply
and put hunderds of warnings with it ;-)