[Xen-users] migration and loss of networking

To: Xen Users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] migration and loss of networking
From: Michael Shuey <shuey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:45:45 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:47:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm using Xen 3.0.2 (the packages from Debian/etch, actually) built around
2.6.16.9 for all dom0s and domUs.  I recently finished building a
multipathed SAN between a couple dom0 boxes, so I tried live migration.
Suprisingly, my domU made it through and the block devices worked, but eth0
stopped functioning.

I do see a vif0 in the new domU, and it is connected to the right bridge,
but it doesn't work - packets sent in don't come out.  If I shut down the
domU, and start it up again on the destination dom0, networking works fine.
Of course, if I migrate it back to the first dom0, networking breaks
again...

Any ideas why my ethernet devices aren't working after migration?

--
Mike Shuey