Re: [Xen-users] ubuntu-server lamp

To: Chris Peterman <petermcv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] ubuntu-server lamp
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:35:05 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:36:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We use a simple update script in init that curl's the dom-u's IP/Mac to
a server which fetches a simple text list of packages for aptitude / yum
to install, does so ..  then removes itself.

Crude, but effective provisioning system, very easy to make one with
just basic php and sqlite. You really don't even need sqlite, easy
enough to do this with just plain text files, I just like sqlite.

This lets me just click what packages my dom-u's will inherit on first
boot. A little easier than making an image for every possible
combination :)

HTH
Tim