Re: [Xen-users] Debian can not start domU

To: Lars Wilke <lw@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian can not start domU
From: Marvin Stark <Marvin.Stark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:16:58 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 05:17:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Dienstag, den 27.06.2006, 13:45 +0200 schrieb Lars Wilke:
> Hi,
Hi,

> i guess this is a frequent error:
>
>    Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
>
> i have created a symlink in /etc/udev/rules.d to the xen-backend.rules
>
> If i try to create a vm without a network config, a similiar error message
> comes up:
>
>    Error: Device 769 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
> working.
>

> I am really stuck now. I have searched quite a while to find a solution but
> all
> tries where unsuccessful. Therefor i am asking here, maybe someone has some
> ideas
> what i could try. I am running debian packages from unstable.
>
> I am adding some output of various commands for your reference and a xend.log
> and
> a strace log.
I first got the same error when using Debian + xen source (3.0.2-2).
But i found out, that the module "loop" was not loaded.
So maybe the solution for me also works for you:

----8<----
modprobe loop max_loop=256

I also put this line into /etc/modules.

> Any help is really appreciated, thanks
>
> regards
>         --lars

Regards,
Marvin Stark

--
 .""`.     Marvin Stark <marvin.stark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: :"  :    credativ.de - The creative IT consultants