Re: [Xen-users] Debian guest on FC5 host (nubie alert)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baddog@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian guest on FC5 host (nubie alert)
From: Hugo Brites <hugo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:37:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:35:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 20 June 2006 16:45, Bad Dog wrote:
> In general, does one need to build the guest images using the same OS as
> the host?  All the tutorials I have seen show building fc5 guests on
> fc5, debian guests on debian, etc.  I want to build a debian guest from
> an fc5 host.  While facile with fc5, I don't know that much about
> debian, but it seems like debconf is unlikely to run on fc5.
>
> Can anyone point me to a good tutorial or howto on these kinds of
> issues?  (The most promising tutorial hosted at
> http://xen.cosi.clarkson.edu/documentation/xen-tutorial.html seems
> dead...)
>
> -bd

Hi,

 If you wish to I can give you an xen install of an debian sarge. I already
have an disk image from a debian sarge, which I use to deploy new virtual
servers.

 It's a 300Mb download. If you want it, tell me, and tomorrow i make it
avaliable.

Regards
hugo