Re: [Xen-users] Enabling multiple CPUs?

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Enabling multiple CPUs?
From: Andrej Radonic <andrej.radonic@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:33:06 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:33:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm trying to get a domU to make use of all the processor power available on a Dual Xeon server; as far as I can tell, Xen 3.0 has support for multiple CPUs in virtual domains.

How do I setup the configuration so that a virtual domain utilizes both physical CPUs on a machine?

vt:~ # xm help vcpu-pin
   vcpu-pin <DomId> <VCPU> <CPUs>   Set which cpus a VCPU can use

And from the xm man page:

"Normally VCPUs can float between available CPUs whenever Xen deems a different run state is appropriate. Pinning can be used to
restrict this, by ensuring certain VCPUs can only run on certain
physical CPUs."

Greetz,
Andrej