Re: [Xen-users] ps/2 keyboard on dom0 does not respond to input

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] ps/2 keyboard on dom0 does not respond to input
From: Jeremy Teale <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:55:08 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:56:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeremy Teale wrote:
> I'm trying to determine if this is the nature of Xen or something that's
> not functioning. While booting my keyboard responds to input, as soon as
> the Xen daemon starts the keyboard locks. The boot procedure is still
> displayed on screen, I get a login prompt, but can't type. Is the
> keyboard for dom0 supposed to not function? I noticed this post
> describing similar symptoms
> (http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-04/msg00267.html)
> so I wasn't sure.
> I've tried setting console=tty[0..1] and console=vga, I wouldn't think
> that would make a difference as it's the xen console, and it didn't.
>
> Thanks for any clarification.

Perhaps a little more info would illicit a response.
I've configured the dom0 kernel with keyboard and mouse input device
support. No other devices are malfunctioning from what I can tell. USB
works, my TV cards function fine and AGP seems to work as well. Could
there be anything I've overlooked? It is only the xen kernel (2.6.16.18
from gentoo portage) this happens on, which is configured in the same
manner as my regular 2.6.16 kernel apart from the xen specific stuff. I
know the keyboard and mouse are functional as they work fine on a normal
linux kernel. I booted through a serial console but didn't see any
blatant errors. Any other way I can debug this?
--
Jeremy Teale