Re: [Xen-users] Error conecting to xend: no such file or directory. Is x

To: Michael Mendoza <michaelux@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error conecting to xend: no such file or directory. Is xend running?
From: Steve Kemp <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:45:53 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:46:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 01:22:15AM -0400, Michael Mendoza wrote:
> Hi, i just install ubuntu dapper, I install xen 3.0.2, with the
> install.sh script, edited the menu.lst, installed xen-tools with
> aptitude, I used the comand xen-create-image, but when I run:
>
> #  xm create -c andromeda2.cfg
> Using config file "/etc/xen/andromeda2.cfg".
> Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

  Looks like there is no configuration file present.  Did you check
 to see it had been created?

> and then I wrote xm list but i got this:
>
> Error: Error connecting to xend: No such file or directory.  Is xend
> running?

..

> In xend-debug.log:
> Exception starting xend: (2, 'No such file or directory')

  Do you have xend installed?

> What is the problem?How can I fix that?

  Looks like you have several files missing, according to the error
 message.  The first thing to do would be to check those files actually
 do exist, if they don't create/install them.  If they do exist then
 you'd need to find out why they're not being found.

Steve