[Xen-users] Java non-performant in a domU?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Java non-performant in a domU?
From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:54:13 +1000
Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 19:58:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Has anyone else seen a significant reduction in performance of Java
applications running in a domU?  We're seeing a reduction in performance of
around 30% when running a Java (Tomcat, etc webapp) in a domU over running
it natively -- this is significantly worse than what we see for other
applications.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this problem (so we know we're not going
nuts), and whether you were able to tune things to make it perform
acceptably.

In the absence of any solutions, we're going to have write Xen off on this
project, which will be a big shame (and a nasty black mark in Xen's copybook
in the eyes of The Powers That Be).

- Matt