[Xen-users] Guest using a VPN connection

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Guest using a VPN connection
From: xenusers@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 23:25:19 +0100 (IST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:25:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am considering the following setup: dom0 for normal, direct connection
to the internet, use, and dom1 to be used when some one needs to connect
to work through a VPN. Both domains will be running GNU/Linux with
xen-modified kernels.

I can't use VNC to access dom1's X server as it relies on an open network
connection from dom1 to dom0: as soon as dom1 connects via the VPN, all
access to its LAN is removed.

I am hoping that one of the following will be possible, and that
experienced Xen users will be able to say so:

 + Provide dom1 access to one of dom0's virtual terminals in the same
   manner that two X displays could be access on VT7 and VT8. Is it
   possible to tell xen that if some one types ALT-CTRL-F8 that this
   belongs to the guest?
 + Use SDL. I'm new to Xen, but reading the documentation it seems that
   SDL is only usable with Intel's VT support. Am I correct? If not,
   can some one let me know what I can do to get use of SDL? Assume I
   have the necessary packages.

My preferred option is the first as it won't require access to the first
user's X display to access the second's.

Thanks,

Éibhear