[Xen-users] Easiest way to compile custom kernel, for fedora +openswan+x

To: fedora-xen@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Easiest way to compile custom kernel, for fedora +openswan+xen+patchomatic
From: "Tom Bishop" <bishoptf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 00:19:01 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 May 2006 22:19:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to compile a custom xenU kernel for a firewall distribution (endianfw, version of ipcop), I can get it to load up but the kernel is missing some modules that aren't resident.  So I want to make a custom version for this domU, I know what I need kernel+openswan+xen+patch-o-matic but I not sure the best way to go about this, do I patch a fedora source or start with a vanilla kernel?  I know what I want but am unsure what is the best way?  I have read that this has been done under cool configurations but they didn't go into much detail.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.