[Xen-users] Problem booting on SAN xen 3.0.2

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Problem booting on SAN xen 3.0.2
From: <xen@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:38:45 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 May 2006 02:29:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I’m trying to get Xen 3.0.2 working on an IBM Bladecenter with a qlogic 2300 fiber channel device and booting on a SAN.

I have compiled several version of the xen kernel and I’m unable to have an initrd with the qla2300 or qla2xxx discovering any drive. I have tried several options when compiling xen. But the result is always the same: the initrd loads the driver but each time fails to discover the drives. My configuration works because I was able to compile a 2.6.16 kernel, make an initrd and boot on it. I’m running out of ideas. I might do something wrong but I can’t find where.

Anyone has ever succeeded on making working xen 3.0.2 while booting on a SAN with a qla2300 ?

Thanks for your help