Re: [Xen-users] Compiling in domU - missing headers (solved)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Compiling in domU - missing headers (solved)
From: Julius Spencer <julius@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:52:44 +1200
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:53:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I rebuilt the domU and added some more package groups to the install and it's no longer a problem. :) Not the most analytical solution :) but as everything else is automated it didn't take long and works.

Julius Spencer wrote:
Hi,

I'm about to compile some source code in a domU and I am getting an error about not being able to find sys/socket.h when running a configure script. I seem to have socket.h in /usr/include/sys , and (assuming it is the correct file) it doesn't seem to be able to find it.

I haven't come across this problem before running this script and am wondering if it is related to xen or not. This socket.h seems to be related to networking (like TCP/UDP IP sockets I guess) but no one on google seems to have had this issue. Unfortunately I don't know C so I can't figure out in the configure script where it is trying to look for socket.h. (The error is "...sys/socket.h should be there")

My concern with xen is because I think socket.h is part of the glibc kernel headers and this appears to be dependent on the kernel (which is different from the running one; xenU).

It could be a red herring though. Anyone got any ideas?

(I guess now I have a new kernel, I don't know what downstream effect that has on compiling (reqd .libraries/header files), if any)