[Xen-users] Need some start advices

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Need some start advices
From: CS: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:00:46 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 May 2006 07:01:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have installed Windows XP, and than SuSE Linux 10.0 with XEN.
Now, I have downloaded SuSE 10.1 and would like to upgrade.

I need some advice how to do. I learnt about XEN after I have installed XP.

1. Can I use the installed XP or is it now useless? Do I need to install
Windows XP into a virtual machine of XEN?

2. Do I need to install SuSE 10.1 again into a virtual machine of XEN?

3. I tested the demo XEN disc and I got these two Linux version running
in a VNC window. How can I copy and paste from one to the other? Can I
copy and paste to/from Windows XP to/from Linux  VNCs?

4. How many virtual machines can I install?
I need to have a puppy and a damned small Linux distro as well. Now I
boot from CD each one, ... it would be nice if I do not need to reboot,
just to open a window. I guess that is actually the main purpose of XEN,
isn't it?

Thanks for the kick-off!

bye

Ronald Wiplinger