Re: [Xen-users] proper shutdown of domUs

To: "Ales Jagodnik" <ales.jagodnik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] proper shutdown of domUs
From: "Anand Gupta" <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 00:48:42 +0530
Cc: Wilmer van der Gaast <wilmer@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 May 2006 12:19:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You don't need to do that. As Wilmer already mentioned, xendomains freezes the domU state and saves it in a file. When the dom0 boots back up, xendomains will restore the state in which the domU was when dom0 was shutting down. In other words it does the job for you already.

If you still want to shutdown the domains and NOT save their states you could disable xendomains and place a script which just issue a shutdown to each xen domain running.