RE: [Xen-users] 3D acceleration

To: "brettm" <brettm_nyc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] 3D acceleration
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:34:12 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:49:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you give me some odds, I'll bet against, yeah? ;-)

I think you hit the nail on the head, there's no demand yet. And by the
time Xen is mainstream enough to have huge demand, I bet the IOMMU
solution is already there, and we can fix it without help from nVidia
etc.

Note that MOST of the customers for virtualization are, currently at
least, servers, and those tend to be not very graphics intensive.

--
Mats