Re: [Xen-users] Re: Xen and AoE

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 10:28:12AM -0400, Michael Lessard wrote:

> >I'm almost all ext3 but I have at least one ReiserFS partition that I
> >just copied from an old machine.  (I migrated a few physical machines to
> >Xen.)

> When you do live migration between 2 physical server, both server mount the
> partition who are on SAN ?

When I said "migrated a few physical machines" I was referring to
replacing a few physical machines with a single Xen host (one-time
migration...if I do it right) but I do have two Xen hosts both mounting
the same Etherdrives.  I haven't done live migration with them yet but
in theory it should work easily.

I've (successfully) experimented with using OCFS2 to mount the same
partition on multiple machines simultaneously but I find that it's
easier for me to get my head around having separate partitions for each
domain.  That means only having one machine mount a partition at a time.

I use GFS partitioning (parted) and "#define AOE_PARTITIONS (256)" in
linux-2.6.16-xen0/drivers/block/aoe/aoe.h so that I can have plenty of
partitions.  (GFS lets me name them too.  That's handy.)

BTW, I mentioned earlier that I use ext3.  I've been toying with XFS but
I ran into some problems using it on a non-AoE Xen machine at home.  I
like that it's faster at creating partitions.  Making multi TB
partitions with ext3 takes awhile.

--kyler