Re: [Xen-users] create a logical volume group

To: Andreas Heinecke <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] create a logical volume group
From: "John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:30:36 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 13 May 2006 06:31:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 13:57 +0200, Andreas Heinecke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is it possible to subsequent create a logical volume group? I mean the server
> is running and configured, but I need this volume group for adding volumes
> for my domains. I dont want to install the distribution once more. Maybe
> there is another way to create domains (domU) without logical volumes. I only
> know the Mini-HowTo for Ubuntu, where this way is described.
>
> Help is much appreciated.
>
> kind regards,
>
> Andreas
<snip>
I believe creating domUs out of files on the dom0 file system is
documented in the Xen user documentation.

I suppose like any system, you will be able to create a new PV and LV
out of any free disk space left on the physical disks unless I have
misunderstood your question. Good luck - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net