Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2 on Dell 2850

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2 on Dell 2850
From: Max E Baro <MEB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:29:00 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:17:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too an using a Dell Power Edge 2850 with Dual XEON EM64T CPU's.  I had Xen 2.0.7 running very well and stable on one of my servers, but it took 4 months of testing before we discovered the USB controller was causing the server to hang randomly.

I have currently graduated to Xen 3.0.2 based on Red Hat ES 4.  When I compile a Xen enabled kernel and try to boot I get the message "Dom0 image not a Xen-compatible Elf image.  I found the previous posts where Xen users got the same error and have confirmed that in menuconfig, I have XEN_CONFIG set to yes.

I installed the same RedHat installation and Xen installation files on a Power Edge SC430 with a Pentium4 EM64T CPU and can boot with no errors.

Can any of you Wise Xen Guru's shed some light as to where else I can look to determine why I recieve this error?

Thank you.

Max Baro
Technical Support Supervisor
FACTS Services, Inc.