Re: [Xen-users] Paravirtualization, new installation from cdrom

To: Rene Purcell <rene.purcell@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Paravirtualization, new installation from cdrom
From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:52:58 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 May 2006 07:51:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rene Purcell wrote:
> Is it possible to do a fresh install from a cd in paravirtualization
> mode ?

> I'm running SLES 10 beta 11 x64 and I'm trying to use the yast2 xen
> module to install this new vm and I'm trying to install sles 10 beta 11
> x64 ( the same version as Dom0 ).

Not directly from CD, you have to install from network.  That also
avoids switching CDs btw ;)

Just copy the iso images to some machine on the network (could also be
the xen host machine), loop-mount them at some place, in subdirectories
named "CD1" "CD2", ...  and export this tree via http or ftp.

Then pass the URL of the CD1 directory to the yast2 xen installer module
as installation source.

cheers,

  Gerd

--
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Erst mal heiraten, ein, zwei Kinder, und wenn alles läuft