Re: [Xen-users] IP definitions for Dom0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] IP definitions for Dom0
From: Robin Atwood <robin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 15:21:14 +0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 May 2006 01:17:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday 04 May 2006 23:10, Tuan Van wrote:
> Robin Atwood wrote:
> > I thought I would try xen again, the last time I could not get Dom0
> > connected to the router and gave up. The network documentation in the
> > wiki seems to imply that the ifconfig/route comands for eth0 remain the
> > same, although eth0 is now a virtual device. After booting dom0 and
> > starting xend, netstat gave the usual output but I was unable to ping my
> > router. Stopping iptables had no effect. Looking again at the wiki
> > article, I found a link to a thread
> > (http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-01/msg00425.html
> >) that implied you had change the IP definitions to use interface xen-br0.
> > Am I reading this right? If not, what changes should I make to the IP
> > set-up?

Ok, that fixed it. I stopped iptables *before* starting xend and then the
router was accessible. I feel rather naked without the firewall, so I will
have to look into that before going on. Meanwhile, every time I move the PS/2
mouse I get a million messages like:
        evbug.c: Event. Dev: isa0060/serio0/input0, Type: 4, Code: 4, Value: 28

Any idea what that's about?
Cheers...
-Robin.
Robin Atwood.