Re: [Xen-users] no networking support with Windows XP / 2003 HVM domain

To: "Joost van den Broek" <joost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] no networking support with Windows XP / 2003 HVM domain
From: "David Goodlad" <dgoodlad@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:13:20 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 May 2006 11:14:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/3/06, Joost van den Broek <joost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure why this doesn't work, Linux domU work through the dom0 bridge.
Windows does recognize the pcnet adapter, but just isn't able to get
send/receive packets. When checking with ifconfig, it seems all packets
gets dropped (no rx/tx packets are transmitted, just some dropped ones).

I had this same problem.  The solution was to make sure that the 'tun'
module is loaded (or compiled into the kernel).

Dave

--
Dave Goodlad
dgoodlad@xxxxxxxxx or dave@xxxxxxxxxx