RE: [Xen-users] System-RAM: 3325MB question

Subject: RE: [Xen-users] System-RAM: 3325MB question
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:59:19 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:00:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xm dmesg says:
> [...]
> (XEN) Using scheduler: Simple EDF Scheduler (sedf)
> (XEN) PAE disabled.
> (XEN) found SMP MP-table at 000ff780
> [...]
>
> Can I simply enable PAE with a kernel option in grub?
> (The output looks like i could do that.)

You need to enable PAE in both Xen and Linux - they need to be a
matching setup otherwise it won't work [this is because Xen handles the
page-tables for Linux and it obviously needs to handle the same LEVEL of
page tables as Linux thinks it should be!].

So you need to set the 64G configuration option in .config for Linux,
and the PAE option in the Xen config file (Config.mk: XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE
= y).

This will obviously need a recompile of both Xen and the Linux kernel...

--
Mats