Re: [Xen-users] about migration betweendifferents architecture

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] about migration betweendifferents architecture
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:15:49 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:16:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> My first VMM use XEN 3.01 32bit on an x86 machine (athlon XP)
> My second VMM use Xen 3.01 for amd64 SMP on a sun v20z
migrating between different platforms can work, but it depends how different the systems are and on the actual status the processor has at the moment of migration. If the source-system uses features that are not available on the destination, migration will fail!

> The VM use an standard ubuntu distribution (32bits, i386
> I am able to create the vm on each machine but i can't migrate
> (the destination VMM crash)
I always thought that on a x86-64-system only 64 bit-domU's will work and on i386 only 32 bit. Is this not true anymore?
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf