Re: [Xen-users] read only disk option in domUs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] read only disk option in domUs
From: Javier Guerra <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:19:57 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:22:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 25 April 2006 8:16 pm, list user wrote:
> The only thing that worked for me 'read-only' was "ext2" formatting.

makes (some) sense, if the only difference betwee ext2 and ext3 is the
journalling... and if you don't write to a filsystem, you don't 'journal' it.

even so, i think it should be possible to mount as ext3 with options=ro, and
it should be exactly the same as mounting as ext2/ro

(of course, still no fsck in any case)

--
Javier